IntellecTech Law is a non-profit think tank and a virtual forum for reviewing and analyzing ground-breaking legal developments in Intellectual Property, Technology, Media, Telecom, Privacy and Competition Laws. We strive to not limit ourselves but look at the most challenging issues in the intersection of these subjects with other subject areas as well.
- Crypto Exchange Platform WazirX’s NFT Marketplace & Regulatory ConcernsPosted on April 23, 2021 Authored by Ritika Acharya Introduction The Indian cyptocurrency exchange, WazirX, recently launched India’s first blockchain-based marketplace for non-fungible tokens (“NFTs”). NFTs are crypto assets that reside on the Ethereum blockchain. Each NFT is entirely unique and inimitable. One NFT cannot be replaced with another and copies of it cannot be […]
- Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code: Curtailing Online Freedom and LibertiesPosted on April 13, 2021 Authored by Vallari Dronamraju* Social media is a group of internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of the internet and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content. The Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code), Rules, 2021 (“Rules”) enacted on February 25, […]
- The West vs. the East: Data Privacy and the Different Approaches to COVID-19 Apps (Part II – Netherlands and Comparative Analysis)Posted on April 1, 2021 Authored by Sahel Bahman* Further to part one of our article on the impact of data protection laws on public health applications for COVID-19, this article aims to examine the development of COVID-19 apps in the West (i.e., the Netherlands, in this case) in the context of relevant privacy laws […]
- News Corner: Data Protection Investigation Launched Into ‘Clubhouse’ AppClubhouse is an invite-only app for social networking based on audio-chat. It allows those within the app to listen in on various conversations, discussion and interviews. On 17 March 2021, the Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (“CNIL”) (the French regulatory body for data protection) announced that it opened an investigation into the app […]
- The West vs. the East: Data Privacy and the Different Approaches to COVID-19 Apps (Part I – South Korea)Posted on March 25, 2021 Authored by Sahel Bahman* Introduction The ongoing SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, and its spread between and within countries, has revealed a potential for the use of modern privacy laws in public health policy. For countries and health systems alike, the most effective way to understand the severity and prevalence of COVID-19 would […]
- Privacy and Cookies: Examining the European Union FrameworkPosted on March 12, 2021 Authored by Sahel Bahman Introduction The information age has paved the way for a variety of new developments in multifarious fields and thus, resulted in fast paced technological advancements. While these developments have proven to be extremely beneficial, they have consequently given rise to new forms of crimes, including but […]
- News Corner: TRAI Suspends Anti-Spam RegulationsOn March 9, 2021, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (“TRAI”) temporarily suspended the operation of the Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2018 (“TCCCP Regulations”). The TCCCP Regulations were intended to curb the menace of Unsolicited Commercial Communication (“UCC”), which caused inconvenience and annoyance to consumers. UCC is any commercial communication which is neither […]
- Examining the Intermediary and Digital Media Rules 2021: Digital Media and News Portals (Part II)Posted on March 8, 2021 Co-authored by Melita Tessy & Vivek Basanagoudar* Introduction In the previous blog of the series ‘Examining the Intermediary and Digital Media Rules 2021’, the author analysed the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021 (“IT Rules of 2021”) with a specific focus on the regulation of […]
- Competition Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media & Entertainment
- News Corner
© IntellecTech Law 2020
The opinions expressed herein are those of the contributors in their personal capacity and do not, in any way or manner, reflect the views of the organizations that the contributors are presently associated with, or that have previously employed or retained the contributors. Postings on this blog are for informational purposes only. Nothing herein shall be deemed or construed to constitute legal or investment advice. Discussions on, or arising out of this, blog between contributors and other persons shall not create any attorney-client relationship.
Many of the links on this blog will take you to sites operated by third parties. The contributors of this blog have not reviewed all of the information on these sites or the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements on these sites. The contributors do not endorse these sites, or opinions they may offer. It is also possible that some of the pages linked may become inactive after the lapse of a period of time.